Hey there cuteness lovers!
Here's how to make the mini pumpkin pies. Note that you have to bring time and patience for this process. It's fun, but you can't make them as quickly as the easy pumpkin pie recipe.
Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Makes 24 mini pies
- You need two muffin tins (each tin fits 12 muffins)
2 2/3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup oil
6 tablespoons milk
Mini Pie Filling
1 16-ounce can pumpkin
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 slightly beaten eggs
1 5-ounce can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk
1/2 cup milk
(Rather than measuring individual spices, you can use 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice instead.)
- Prepare the pie crust and take off 1/4 for the leaves. The rest of the dough devide into 24 parts. Spray the muffin tins with baking spray (or use a paper towel dipped into vegetable oil). Press the dough balls into the muffin holes with your fingers and press it up the edges (around 1/8 thick works). Trim, crimp edge as desired.
- Now take the 1/4 of dough that you still have and roll it out between two sheets of wax paper. Use a knife to create 24 leave shapes or a small leaf shaped cookie cutter if you have one.
- For the filling, in a mixing bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Add eggs. Beat lightly with a fork just till combined. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and milk; mix well.
- Place the pastry-lined muffin tins on the oven rack. Carefully pour filling into pastry shells. Important: Don't put the leaves yet, because they will sink!
- Bake in a 425°F (220°C) preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Take muffin tins out of the oven. Turn oven down to 350°F. (175°C). Carefully place leaves on top of each pie. Put tins back into the oven for 20-25 minutes until the dough is light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate within two hours; cover for longer storage.
- When they are cooled off completely you can carefully slide them into a food save plastic bag and decorate it. Here's how I decorated it.
I think it's way more fun to make those mini pumpkin pies together. It's quite some work and why not ask a friend over and work together and in the end each one gets 12 mini pies?
Let me know if you want to give it a try or if you have any questions. I'm happy to help!
I even created leave lines with the knife before baking. You don't have to! But I wanted to go the extra mile as my perfectionis crazyness was driving me. ;-)
I am so glad that you found my blog! If you would like new posts to come directly to your inbox, I invite you to subscribe to heartfully done the blog by email.
Do you feel like having a bit more of heartfully done in smaller snippets?
Come on over and follow me on social media!